Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Please Don't Stop the Music

Is it bad that all I want to do right now is hide and listen to music? By music, I mean guilty pleasure music...the stuff I'd never admit to loving. Right now, I can't stop listening to Rihanna. I am a 33 yr old mom! I drive a mini-van! I'm supposed to relive my glory days- the music of my youth (the Cure, Depeche Mode, Sonic Youth)! Yet, I cannot stop listening to bubblegum pop. What is wrong with me?! Is it a midlife crisis?

We've been talking about music quite a bit at our house lately. Kelly has found the fifties. She is obsessed with Blue Suede Shoes (Carl Perkins not Elvis). Over and over- I've got one for the money....two for the show.... etc etc. Super cute the first hundred times I heard it, but now it's sounding like a record that's got a scratch...like little nails running down a chalkboard! I've tried to introduce her to other songs: Teddy Bear, Ring of Fire, Splish, Splash---she wants nothing to do with them. I guess I should be thankful that she isn't singing the Wiggles or Barney. But- is it too much to ask for a new song?

No comments: