Friday, August 08, 2008

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day*


Today I feel very ANGRY. I am agitated, hostile, outright bitchy, and should not talk to people. I don't know why exactly. Maybe it's PMDD... or lack of sleep. I feel mean...like kick small puppies and children mean. (btw-I would never do these things- never!)...

It all started yesterday. Got a call from daycare. Could I please come and try to calm Kelly down? I thought she was sick. So of course I bolted...got there as fast as I possibly could. Hmmm, she wasn't sick. She was hysterical...sobbing...and running around butt-ass naked. Apparently she had a few "accidents." The lovely teachers explained to her that accidents happen, and then they tried to get her to wear a brand new pair of underwear from their reserves. Kelly kept on screaming and refused to put them on...refused! Want to know why she refused? Not because they weren't her underwear, or because they were from daycare. No- the little devil wouldn't wear them because they were white! They were white!!! Sigh.... We had a huge talk- huge!

I didn't accomplish the things that needed to get done. The laundry is out of control. I haven't finished putting the flowers on Kelly's flower girl dress (for this coming saturday)... I had to scramble to put the daycare bags together this morning.... I am a mess- a mean, mean, mean mess.

I think I should just runaway.... to Australia*

___________________________________________________________________
*Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst.... fantastic book! Fantastic! I still read it all of the time.

No comments: