Wednesday, August 13, 2008

$%&*@# ! MORNINGS!

Just when I think I have my shit together- something kicks me in the shin (or is it on the shin) as a little wake-up call. I shouldn't try to establish a routine...or maybe I shouldn't try to have a strict routine? I don't know.

This morning I won worst mother of the year. I forgot to set the alarm clock. I arrogantly went to bed last night without getting the "school" bags together. Thinking I'd have plenty of time in the morning- right? RIGHT! Ha- kick on the shin! I had 20 minutes to get everyone up, sunscreened, dressed and get the bags put together. I got it all done in 22 minutes. Threw them all in the van. Not bad- right?! (again a little touch of hubris).

Well, I forgot a major thing. HUGE! On the way to work I was replaying my greatness....although I saw something that I missed- Kelly was antsy and grabbing at her crotch....Oh HOLY HELL! It was then that I realized that I forgot to make her go to the bathroom. Not good for a recently potty trained 2.5 yr old. I hope she didn't have an accident...I'm waiting to hear from Farmboy, oh, and the committee for worst mother of the year.

No comments: